FOR SOCIAL HOUSING BOARD MEMBERS
We are looking to recruit people who we feel are under represented in the housing sector. FLAIR positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age or religion or beliefs.
If you are looking for a way to have a voice in the housing sector this opportunity might for you.
FLAIR can offer:
· Continuing Professional Development
· Real life experience to your CV
· Volunteering but with meaning and purpose
· Networking with professionals and others committed to social impact
· A way to help improve communities and lives
FLAIR is a grouping of housing associations operating in Renfrewshire and East Renfrewshire. Our Organisations are all charities and aim to provide affordable housing. Membership of our governing bodies means taking responsibility for turning our ambitions into reality and running our social enterprises with integrity and passion. Our Academy helps people build these transferable skills. We hope they will want to continue to use them by joining one of our boards/management committees or Subsidiary Boards in the future
Join FLAIR ACADEMY
· It’s Free
· It’s 3 months – We have 2 semesters – April – June and Oct – Dec every year.
· It’s around 6 hours per month.
· All training materials, resources and reasonable expenses are covered.
Complement your skills with training in
· Team working in meetings
· Analysing real business information
· Taking part in real time decision making
· Learn about Social Policy with other local people
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
STEP 1 - Phone the FLAIR Clearing House on 0141 583 4124
STEP 2 – Discuss what your interests are, complete registration and you are allocated a “ Buddy Housing Association”.
STEP 3 – Meet with your buddy who will set you up for the Academy.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I SIGN UP?
You are required to attend at least 2 of the Board/Committee meetings as an Observer.
You are required to attend at least 7 of the 9 Induction Training Sessions. There is 1 session every week.
You can also attend 1 Conference and 1 external training course.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Nothing and you get all reasonable training and expenses covered.
WHAT’S THE CATCH?
Sounds too good to be true but we benefit from your ideas, opinions and input to our local projects. Your time is valuable to us and we hope you will want to stay connected by joining one of our Governing Bodies when vacancies arise.
WHERE DOES THE ACADEMY OPERATE?
The Academy operates in Paisley, Linwood, Erskine and Barrhead but also other areas throughout Renfrewshire and East Renfrewshire.